|Secretary||1. Handle inward and outward correspondence. |
2. Arrange NSJCA Committee Meetings and Annual General Meeting.
3. Distribute notice of meetings together with agenda.
4. Book venue for meetings.
5. Record a list of attendees/apologies following the meeting.
6. Prepare minutes of Committee Meetings and AGM.
7. Assist the President as required.
8. Maintain Delegate Membership list.
9. Store relevant NSJCA material relevant to the Association’s activities.
10. Issue notices and other circulars.
|Treasurer||1. To maintain the books of account on a day to day basis, covering income, expenditure, assets and liabilities. |
2. To bank moneys received and issue receipts if required.
3. To seek authorisation for disbursements and draw cheques accordingly.
4. To pay the accounts for approved expenditure incurred.
5. To control the bank account.
6. To give periodical treasurer’s reports at the NSJCA Committee Meetings.
7. To produce an annual financial report and submit to Office of Fair Trading on time. This report will include a statement of financial performance and a statement of financial position.
8. When required, to make the necessary arrangements for an audit to be carried out.
9. To prepare a budget for the competition season.
|President||The President’s primary responsibility is to ensure the Executive Committee carries out its governance role in an efficient manner, and oversees the proper functioning of a properly informed committee. |
1. Make sure regular Committee meetings are held in accordance with the requirements as specified in the Constitution.
2. Lead the NSJCA Committee meetings through the agenda, keeping discussion relevant, decision making clear and encouraging broad participation.
3. Sign minutes after they have been confirmed as an accurate record of the previous meeting.
4. Sign documents, contracts and agreements on behalf of the NSJCA.
5. Stay in touch with day-to-day happenings through contact with the Executive Officer, Executive Committee members and delegates of NSJCA.
6. Oversee the Executive Officer’s activities and advise as required.
|Vice-President||1. Assist the President when requested. |
2. Act as a spokesperson for NSJCA, when requested, and represent NSJCA to outside parties.
3. Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence.
|Immediate Past President||While the Immediate Past President does not have a formal place in the hierarchy of the organisation, this person: |
Has past experience with the NSJCA and can therefore provide useful information and history.
1. Can be called on for advice and contribution to ideas.
2. Can conduct ceremonial functions.
3. Can offer expertise to the President and NSJCA Committee.